← Austin Louden
Senior iOS engineer
I've been building and learning about iOS applications for almost a decade.
2020 ⌁ Now (6 months)
2020 (9 months)
- Full stack engineer on a product engineering team: iOS (Objective-C), web (JS, React), backend (Python)
- Guide technical decision-making for features. Produce technical specifications that are implemented by other engineers.
2018 ⌁ 2020 (2 years)
- Led the Video Product team, a cross-functional group of 15 people, involving design, engineering, marketing, legal, and operations.
- Responsible for video as a format on Pinterest. Helped drive a 10x increase in video views on the platform. Read about the projects I led in VentureBeat.
- Defined product vision and road maps, established goals and strategy, and drove execution throughout the product lifecycle.
2015 ⌁ 2018 (2 years, 5 months)
- As an engineer on the iOS Core team, I was responsible for building components and frameworks used by 50+ engineers (e.g. our networking layer or experimentation framework).
- Led major parts of a rewrite of Pinterest’s iOS codebase from the ground up. See an article about this project in Wired.
- Built Pinterest's Continuous Integration and deployment pipeline for iOS and Android. Read my post on Pinterest’s engineering blog about this project.
B.S. Computer Science
West Lafayette, IN